IEEE Computer Society is offering $40,000 in student scholarships from $1,000 and up to recognize and reward active student volunteer leaders in student branches or chapters who show promise in their academic and professional efforts. This scholarship was created in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, past president of the IEEE Computer Society, to recognize and reward student leadership.
The Merwin Scholarship now has two application deadlines; 30 April and 30 September of each year (you may apply only once per year).
Letter of Recommendation(s)
- The IEEE Student Branch Adviser or
- The CS Chapter Chair (i.e. the professional chapter)
- You can also present a second LOR (this is optional)
Things NOT to Include:
- Examples of Flyers or Posters from chapter activities etc.
- High School Transcripts
- Your CV
- Anything not related to the application requirements
How to Apply?
Applicants should complete a cover page with the following listed:
- Applicant Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Member Number
- Institution Address
- Student Branch Code
- Student Branch Chapter
- Chapter Code
- Chapter Advisor
- Degree track
- Photo(s) (of work you have done with your chapters, or other CS-related accomplishments)
Complete and email the final copy as a PDF or WORD file to Eric Berkowitz: firstname.lastname@example.org