Deadline for applications: 15 February 2017
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the Research Excellence Fellowship program for the academic year 2017-18. The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program (HESP) of the Open Society Foundations (OSF) and administered by the CEU Yehuda Elkana Center for Higher Education. Fellowships are offered to academics employed in higher education institutions and/or academic research institutions who wish to spend one or two terms at CEU conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal. The fellows can be hosted by any CEU department, school or research center.
Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU). Fellowship award covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodations in the CEU residence and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD.
- Eligible countries: any country of the Global South;
- Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in the teaching or academic research institution in their home country at the time of application;
- Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent degree and have a substantial research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (departments, schools and research centers);
- Please note: those who are or who intend to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations during the period of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program;
- Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the entire duration of their fellowship;
- Fellows will provide a mid-term narrative report, and a final narrative report;
- Fellows will provide a draft article outline within three month of concluding the fellowship;
- Fellows will submit an article published or accepted for publication in an international peer-reviewed journal within one year after completing the fellowship. Fellows will clearly acknowledge CEU and OSF contribution in this publication.
Please send your completed application form, a detailed research proposal, a CV and a photocopy of your Ph. D. certificate or equivalent credentials in one PDF file to the following e-mail address: Research_Fellowship@ceu.edu (subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name”). The application form and all supporting documents must be submitted by 15 February 2017.
A complete application package should include:
- Fully completed application form (available here);
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of most important and recent publications;
- 1500 - 2000 word research proposal;
- Photocopy of a Ph. D. certificate or equivalent degree credentials;
- Two letters of reference: scanned copies should be sent by the referees directly to Research_Fellowship@ceu.edu (subject of email “VRF 2017 + last name of the applicant”) by the application deadline. A letter of reference should be printed on an official letterhead of the home institution of the referee, and include referee’s signature and complete contact information.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: