Big Data Data Visualisation
Data visualisation is an important visual method for effective communication and analysing large datasets. Through data visualisations we are able to draw conclusions from data that sometimes are not immediately obvious, and interact with the data in an entirely different way.
Get an introduction to big data visualisation
This free online course will provide you with an informative introduction to the methods, tools and processes involved in visualising big data. It has six elements:
- Introduction to visualisation
- Information visualisation
- Scientific visualisation
- Visualisation tools
- Design approaches for visualisation
- Visualisation for communication
There are many software tools for data visualisation and visual analytics, and the list is still growing.
In this course we will use a variety of tools, so that you can become comfortable with engaging with different software packages and gain confidence in trialling new packages that may better meet your particular needs.
We will be using the following tools. Please review the product websites below to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements:
- Tableau: as the free trial period is 2 weeks, please do not start your free trial ahead of the course start date.
- MATLAB Online: a license will be provided for the duration of the course.
If you don’t have access to all of these tools, you can still be an effective learner in this course. You can see what they can do, and use the tools later or investigate the use of other tools that might be more available to you.