Faculty of Education International Student Scholarship
You can apply for this scholarship if you're an international student and you:
- have received an offer to study a Master of Education (EU70) (majoring in early years, inclusive education, general studies, leadership and management, or TESOL)
- are commencing your studies in the upcoming semester.
You can't apply if you're:
- enrolled in a research degree
- sponsored by an Australian or overseas organisation
- already receiving a scholarship provided by QUT or another organisation.
What you receive
- a scholarship worth $5,000 to put towards your studies in your commencing semester.
We award one scholarship to students starting in Semester 1, and one scholarship to students starting in Semester 2.
How to apply
- complete the application form
- provide transcripts for previous academic studies, translated into English and certified
- write a one-page outline in English adressing:
- the reasons for your choice of degree
- your academic performance and achievement to date
- why and how the scholarship will help you achieve your education and career goals
- how you intend to contribute to the field of education in your chosen area
- any other considerations that would make you a worthy recipient of the scholarship.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 3 February 2017.
What happens next
A team within the faculty will assess your application. We award scholarships based on:
- academic merit
- evaluation of your one-page outline.
We'll email you to notify you of the outcome by 15 February 2017.
If you're successful, we'll also send you instructions on how to claim your scholarship.
Successful applicants need to be enrolled in their course prior to accepting their scholarship. You may be asked to be involved in some Faculty of Education promotional activities like blogging, a photo shoot, and presenting about your course experience.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: