The Public Administration Academy of the RA is the legal successor of RA School of Management which was established in accordance with the government decree N240 dated May 24, 1994 with the technical support of European Union TACIS program.
The first admission of stationary students took place in 1995. The School was granted the right to organize part-time educational program with the duration of 2.5 years in accordance with the government decree N107 dated April 30, 1997.
With the goal of conforming the processes of public servants’ training and qualification improvement to contemporary requirements the RA School of Management was reorganized in the Public Administration Academy of RA as a state non-profit organization in accordance with the government decree N308 dated April 8, 2002. A year later Masters programme was initiated in accordance with the government decree N370 dated April 10, 2003.
In accordance with the government decree N1452 dated November 11, 2010, and the decree N29-A, dated January 20, 2011, the general administration of the Academy is carried out by the “Staff of the President of the Republic of Armenia” state governance institution (authorized body) in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Armenia and this charter, on the basis of self management: accompanying personal management and collegial principles and implementing the functions of the Board, Academic Board and President’s Office.
The educational programmes are the following:
- Public Administration
- Management (Public Finance Management)
- Psychology (Psychology of Governance)
- Political Science (Political Administration and Political Analysis)
The main goals of the Public Administration Academy of RA are:
- Development of specialists in the field of public administration, training and qualification improvement, post-graduate educational programme implementation
- Carrying out theoretical and applied research activities, expert evaluations and consultations in the field of public administration
- Ensuring international academic cooperation in the field of public administration
- Supply of informative – analytical materials in the field of public administration
Choose disciplines, subscribe and receive information about international academic and professional opportunities, scholarships, summer schools, conferences, grants, fellowships and trainings matching your interests.