The Power Tynan Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for successful year 12 school-leavers to study (part-time) at USQ Toowoomba campus while working full-time for Power Tynan Pty Ltd. Power Tynan will pay the successful individual’s course fees for all successfully completed subjects and the scholarship recipient is in the enviable position where they can apply their knowledge practically and receive valuable on-the-job mentoring and training whilst being paid a wage.
During this time students will gain invaluable practical work experience in a firm that presents illustrious career path opportunities. These can be in the areas of accounting, superannuation, leasing and finance.
The recipient will obtain knowledge across their chosen study field through real-life experience in each sector to help determine exactly where their interests lie.
The scholarship will pay the Student Contribution Charges and Student Amenities Fees associated with a:
- 32 study unit degree (approximately $39 000)
- 24 study unit degree (approximately $29 000)
In addition, the successful applicant will be offered a full-time position with Power Tynan Pty Ltd.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- have completed Year 12 in 2016
- commence their studies in a Bachelor of Commerce in Semester 1, 2017
- be entering into the first year of their degree
- be enrolled in a minimum of 1 study unit in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- be studying external or online (as applicant will be working fulltime at Power Tynan Pty Ltd).
- submit a personal statement (one page minimum) outlining:
- a description of your educational aims and goals
- how the bursary will assist you to achieve your future career plans
- why you think you should be considered for the Scholarship for which you are applying
provide evidence of academic achievement e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable
- demonstrate a history of involvement within their school, extracurricular activities or within their local community
How to apply
Complete the Scholarship Application Form Students Commencing at USQ 2017 (you can find the form by clicking the link "Further official information") and post the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Applicants completing their Year 12 studies in 2016 must also attach a Statement of Support with their application.
Applications will not be accepted via fax or email.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview and are asked to maintain up-to-date USQ Personal Details via UConnect.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm Friday, 28 October 2016 for Semester 1, 2017.
For more details please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: