About the Poster Contest 2017
ANCCE has created this contest to select the poster that will announce the International PRE Trade Fair, SICAB 2017.
The SICAB 2015 Poster Contest is open to all artists and designers who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, whether from Spain or abroad, and who are interested in participating, either as an individual or as a team.
Topic, technical characteristics and motto
The topic of the artwork must consider the event it is announcing: the Purebred Spanish Horse International Trade Fair (SICAB).
All artwork must be original and unpublished; said artwork shall not have been presented at any other competition and shall not be a copy, whether in full or in part, nor plagiarized of published works, whether that of the artist or others. The author of said artwork is responsible before ANCCE and any third party, in compliance with the Rules, as established herein.
All artwork shall seek to be high impact advertising. Artwork must be truly eye-catching—which is the final objective of a poster for an event such as SICAB.
On the back of the artwork, a motto shall be included to identify the author until the Judges have decided a winner.
Awards of the Poster Contest 2017
The following awards have been established:
€3000 for First Place
€1000 for each of the two honorable mentions
All award money is subject to the corresponding taxation (as established by the laws of Spain).
The deadline to present artwork is the Friday, the ninth of September of this year (9/9/2016) at 2:00 pm.
All artwork shall be presented or shipped (duly prepared for shipment) to the ANCCE office, located at Cortijo de Cuarto (viejo), 41014, Sevilla (Spain), from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 2 pm.
Likewise, A closed envelope shall include the full name of the author/s of the artwork, his/her Tax or passport number, full address and phone number/s, email address as well as a signed affidavit stating that artwork is original and unpublished. The same motto that appears on the back of the artwork shall also appear on the outside of the previously mentioned envelope, and in capital letters; nothing else shall appear on the outside of the envelope that might identify the contestant. Any such indication would fail to meet the Rules of this Contest. In the case of artwork that is sent by mail or courier, the day and hour of the deliver shall be indicated, without any mention of the sender.
1. The selection and granting of awards shall be performed at the proposal of the Judges appointed by ANCCE. The Judges shall be constituted as indicated below:
Juan Carlos Cabrera
Juan Tirado Agudo
Pedro Pingarrón Santofimia
Manuel Novales de la Escalera
Francisco Angelet Sólvez
Juan Miguel Moreno Míguez
Javier Amián Durán
Gonzalo Hernando Aboín
2. The Judges shall be appointed and shall meet to issue their decision. First of all, they shall review, one by one, the artwork presented to verify that it meets all of the conditions established in these Contest Rules, after which they shall announce the final admission of said artwork.
3. The Judges, to formulate their proposal to grant an award, shall assess, in addition to the conception of the work, its graphic or artistic quality, it effectiveness in announcing or informing about the event and the reproducibility of the work.
4. The Judges may declare the Contest Null and Void should they consider that none of the artwork is worthy of reward.
5. The Judges’ decision is final in all cases. The contestants, by participating in this Contest, specifically renounce presenting any claim against the decisions reached by the judges.
6. The Judges shall inform the ANCCE Board of Directors about their decision.
7. The Judges’ decision shall be announced publically on the ANCCE web site, together with the names of the winners, notwithstanding the notification of the winners.
Each contestant shall present only ONE (1) work of art.
The Judges’ Decision
The winner shall be announced publically on September 26, 2016.
1. The winning artwork shall be considered owned by and property of ANCCE to be reproduced to announce the event in question or any other announcement at a later date, for promotional purposes as deemed appropriate and with specific mention of the author or authors.
2. ANCCE reserves the right to introduce changes in the award-winning poster should a technical difficulty arise when printing, or to include text or a logotype that may not initially appear in these Contest Rules.
For more detailed information please click on "Further Official Information" below.