A position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352) in Information and Communication System is available at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo. The Postdoctoral position will be for a period of 2 years, starting app. September 1st 2016. The position is part of the iResponse Project funded by the Research Council of Norway, titled "Social Responsible Crowdsourcing tools for Environmental Research and Decision Making", and led by Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU).
The position is hosted at the IFI Research Group in Information Systems, and the candidate will join a dynamic project group that consist of natural and social scientist, developers and designers from different institutions, all partners in the iResponse project consortium.
The postdoctoral position is expected to work in issues related with crowdsourcing in general and specifically associated with environmental research and decision-making in urban areas.
iResponse is a multidisciplinary project that includes natural and social scientist, universities, companies and designers, and aims at ensuring responsible research and innovation (RRI) in the development and use of ICT-based crowdsourcing tools. The project started 1 September 2015 and lasts for 3 years. The project is funded by the RCN under the programme SAMANSVAR on responsible research and innovation in ICT.
The postdoctoral candidate is expected to join the group led by professor Ole Hanseth, who lead one of the work packages of the project. The successful candidate will help develop, validate and deploy methods, techniques and tools for crowdsourcing related to urban sustainability. Moreover, the candidate will work in the work package that aims at developing recommendations for social responsible crowdsourcing. Specific task included in this work package are:
- The development of guidelines and recommendations can be followed to support the development, implementation and promotion of social responsible crowdsourcing tools
- Issues related with data management, protocol and integration
- Future use and collaborative development of the co-created ICT-tools
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. The candidate for the fellowship will be selected in accordance with this, and is expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials. Applicants must hold a PhD degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related areas.
Applicants should have strong analytical skills, and interest in designing, building and evaluating innovative approaches and ICT solutions. Applicants should also have skills in the implementation and management of research projects, writing of research papers (workshops, conferences, journals) and an ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Good English language skills (written and spoken) are required.
Experience on environmental issues related with urban sustainability, crowdsourcing, big data and machine learning would be considered as an advantage.
The project look for a candidate that:
- is highly motivated to be part of an interdisciplinary project and comfortable working in a team
- are open and motivated to interact with different researchers, stakeholders and citizens and learn from different approaches and applying ICT to new fields
- are interested in interdisciplinary collaboration
- have good communication and networking skills
- has expertise in the topics of crowdsourcing, co-creation, open data, HCI, and who is interested in security and privacy issues.
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines. Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for post-doctoral fellowship positions:
Position code 1352, Pay grade: 60 - 65 (NOK 510 100 - 560 700 per year).
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records
- Complete list of publications and academic work and up to five highlighted publications that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references who have been asked to send reference letters.
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results.
- Professor Ole Hanseth Telephone: +47 22852431
- Questions regarding EasyCruit, contact HR Officer Helene Beate Jansen Telephone: +47 22857196
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: