The Research Group Molecular Genetics of Breast Cancer at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg has a long-standing experience in breast cancer genetics and prevention. Research studies focus on the identification of (epi)genetic and non-genetic factors associated with breast cancer risk, prognosis and prediction of endocrine treatment outcome in European, Asian and Hispanic populations. This work is performed in collaboration with basic scientists, clinicians, and statisticians in Heidelberg and elsewhere, and as part of several national and international breast cancer consortia.
The successful candidate will
- investigate the role of (epi)genetic and non-genetic factors on breast cancer risk, prognosis and prediction of endocrine treatment outcome
- develop independent research questions related to these research areas
- be involved in the coordination of the collaborative works
- supervise and train doctoral students
- PhD in biology, cell biology or molecular epidemiology
- Excellent knowledge in cancer (epi)genetics, cancer biology and molecular epidemiology
- Good communication skills to actively participate in our collaborations with local researchers and within national and international research networks
- Experience in analytical and standard statistical methods
- Excellent command of oral and written English
Applications including a cover letter, CV and three reference letters should be submitted as one single PDF.
- Interesting divrese workplace
- International fellowship
- Part-time fellowship
- Flexible Schedule
Beginning - as soon as possible
Fellowship Period - The position is initially limited to 2 years. The position can in principle be part-time.
August 16, 2016
Prof. Dr. Ute Hamann
phone 06221 42-2344
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal which can be found in the "Further official information" below.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personal- und Sozialwesen, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: