- Excellent Postdoctoral Fellow opportunity in the area of security and privacy
- Work with internationally recognised researchers in world-class facilities and enjoy excellent career development and professional support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation - and do research with real impact
CSIRO offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellow positions. Successful applicants will work with leaders in a field of science and receive personal development and learning opportunities.
CSIRO Data61 have an opportunity for a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow in our Distributed Security Systems Team. Under the guidance of a senior researcher, you will undertake research in the general area of security and privacy, particularly as it relates to big data, cloud computing, mobile systems, Internet of Things or social computing. You will undertake novel and world class research, leading to national and international publications. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to industrial research in security and privacy undertaken by CSIRO.
Your duties will include
- Under the direction of a senior research scientist, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61 that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Actively participate in strategic and external R&D projects by undertaking project specific research, implementing software, and communicating with internal and external partners.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals, for client reports and granting of patents.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences as agreed with your supervisor.
- Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the team, Data61 and across CSIRO.
- Undertake CSIRO’s postdoctoral training program.
Location: Marsfield, NSW
Salary: $78k to $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Ref no: 13062
To be considered you will have a PhD (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as security or privacy, and have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
You will also have:
- High level written and oral communication skills demonstrated through publications and collaboration with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing software to implement security algorithms in emerging areas such as cloud computing, big data and cyber-social-physical systems.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
A record of science innovation and creativity in security and privacy, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Experience in academic and industrial research projects related to security and privacy, as well as in data driven security techniques (e.g., data analytics for cybersecurity) is desirable.
How to Apply: please provide a CV and a cover letter generally stating your suitability for this position, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: Sunday 28th February 2016 (11:59 pm AEDT).
To view the full position details please click here:
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together our Digital Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. Find out more! http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/D61
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet. As Australia’s national science agency we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world. WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: