Pixar Graphic Art Summer Internship
Pixar’s Graphic Artists provide graphic art, design & support to feature films and related projects. Execute still and motion graphics that enhance set and character elements that support general aesthetic of films and related projects.
Pixar offers an exciting internship program intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals.
During our 12-week Summer Internship, Art Interns will work in collaboration with Mentors and the Art Department, while gaining valuable feature film experience.
Interns will be expected to do the following:
- Provide art, design and graphic artistry to feature films and related projects
- Gain knowledge about the Pixar art process, as well as the entire production pipeline
- Research and collect reference that inspire designs and techniques
- Create and utilize both still and motion graphics, conceptualize, design and implement graphic elements consistent with the style and quality of the film
- Create rough designs for review, revision and Production Designer approval, while learning consistency, versatility and speed throughout the design process
- Other duties as assigned
- Apply online with your resume and cover letter
- Please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the on-line application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release
- With this application, please provide a link to your online portfolio in the "demo reel” section of the application. You will not be considered for the internship without an online portfolio.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we're not able to provide feedback
- You will receive an email acknowledging the successful receipt of your on-line application.
- Depending on the amount of applicants, we're generally able to make final hiring decisions approximately 6-8 weeks after the posted deadline date.
Term: Summer 2016 (June - August) All application materials must be submitted by Sunday, March 1, 2016.