What is the topic of the this years' IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI
Mountain Faces: Mountains all over the world are telling stories about climbers, conquering steep walls, alpinists undergoing harsh conditions, mountain people living between brusque rock formations, fighting on a daily base against mother nature's forces and animals adapting to almost unreal situations. Not only faces of mountaineers, climbers and mountain people, affected by pain and exhaustion for the “summit victory”, tell stories about mountains, but also tears of joy when reaching the top.
The IMS Photo Contest 2015 under the motto “Mountain.Faces” aims to get pictures, that represent individual perspectives of the mountain, with all its facets as well as his conquerors and inhabitants. Show us with your picture, the mountain faces, not matter made of rocks, made of flesh and blood or fur. Eventually what counts is the uniqueness of the moment, captured for the eternity.
WHAT and WHEN?
Photo upload: 11.05.2015 – 31.07.2015
Time period in which you can upload your pictures at the IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI.
Photo of the Week: 11.05.2015 – 07.08.2015
Each Thursday and Friday will be chosen a photo of the week by the IMS jury and posted on Facebook. The pictures will be chosen upon the pictures submitted until these days.The pictures will be provided with the photo credit (©Name, Surname for the IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI)
Communication of the TOP-100: 18.08.2015
After the Pre-Jury-Voting period the best 100 pictures of each category will be chosen and visible on the IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI website.
Public Voting: 18.08.2015 – 04.09.2015
People have the chance to vote for their favorite pictures on www. imsphotocontest2015.com. The first 3 pictures of both categories will get the possibility to win up to 300 Euros. The second 200 and the third 100 Euros.
Communication of the Winners of the Public Voting: 08.09.0215 12.00 p.m
Winners of the public voting will be published on the IMS Photo Contest website.
Communication Winner of the Jury Voting
Award Ceremony: 17.10.2015 at the IMS
Winners will be invited to participate at the award ceremony in Brixen/South Tyrol
What should I consider in order to participate?
1. Salem Frucht GmbH*, direct licensee of KIKU Srl, located in Salem, Germany, is the initiator and rights owner of the “IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI”. Salem Frucht GmbH is the direct responsible for all legal and administrative aspects linked to the photo contest, as well as for the organization and delivery of the jury prizes, amounting to 6.000 Euros and the material prize.
2. DJI is title sponsor of the IMS Photo Contest 2015 and deliverer of the the jury voting prize of the new photo category.
3. The Kiku. International Mountain Summit - IMS is a direct service provider for Salem Frucht GmbH in the context of the “IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI”.
4. Eligible for the Photo Contest are professional and amateur photographers starting from the age of 16 (born before or on the 31st of July 1999). Excluded are jury members, members of the IMS organizational committee and collaborators of Salem Frucht, KIKU, DJI and DURST Phototechnik AG.
5. Participation is free of charge and exclusively possible online, through the website of the IMS Photo Contest. Pictures send via Email or other online tools are cancelled immediately.
6. Every participant is allowed to upload maximally 1 picture for each of the two categories. If there is more than one picture uploaded with the same email address they will be eliminated immediately. This is true for both photo categories.
7.If exactly the same picture is uploaded from two distinct email addresses, both will be eliminated from the IMS Photo Contest 2015.
8. Format of submitted pictures is obligatory TIF or JPEG.
9. The maximal side length is of 1200 pixel (ex.14x10cm at 72 dpi). The file should not be bigger than 2 MB.
10. A selection of pictures will be exhibited. The photographer is required to have the same picture in a resolution at least at 2300 x 3500 pixel (20x30cm at 300dpi).
11. The pictures can have been published before.
12. Images containing explicit nudity or vulgarity, violating public policy or accepted principles of morality will be excluded automatically from the contest.
13. Each picture not corresponding to the theme and the motto of the photo contest will be excluded without further explanation by the jury.
14. All persons displayed on any of the pictures must have given their consent that the picture can be publicized / submitted. This consent must be gathered by the author of the picture. Non compliance leads automatically to exclusion from the contest.
15. The copyright remains totally at the author of the picture. Uploading the picture the participant declares to be the sole owner of the copyright and takes full responsibility to have cleared all possible copyright infringements to third parties in advance of his participation at the IMS Photo Contest 2015.
16. The Kiku. International Mountain Summit and its partners are allowed to use the pictures for the communication of the IMS Photo Contest and its winners, as well as for the promotion of the IMS. Obviously this use comprehends the citation of the photographer’s name. ©Name, Surname for the IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI.
17. Even though submitting a picture automatically implies the consent of the participant with the Terms and Conditions of the IMS Photo Contest, it must be confirmed before submitting the pictures that the terms have been read and accepted.
18. Each uploaded picture gets an identification number, with which is possible to track the photo in the Photo Gallery. Every participant verifies that the upload was successful, by checking if the own picture appears in the Photo Gallery of the Photo Contest. The photos rotate hourly and automatically in the Photo Gallery.
19. On request, made from the same email address, with which the upload was made, the picture can be replaced with the identical picture, if it is cause of bad quality. Such a request can made only before the end of the upload period (31.07.2015 GMT +1).
20. Personal data entered by the participant in the online form will be collected and manipulated electronically. These data are used to contact the winners of the public and jury vote, to identify the authors of the corresponding pictures, for all communications related to and for the contest and for the news of the IMS. Data will not be transferred to any third party.
21. During the upload period, there will be a weekly selection of the best photo. The elected pictures will be published in the Gallery "Photo of the Week" and on the Facebook site "IMS – International Mountain Summit".
22. The technical jury selects between all uploaded pictures the best 100 photo and among them the 3 winners of the IMS Photo Contest of each of both photo categories. The TOP-100 will be published on the 18th of August.
23. The three finalists of both photo categories will be invited to the award ceremony during the IMS. The IMS will cover the costs for two nights for two persons in one of its partner hotels. The IMS won't cover the board and travel costs.
24. The Public Voting takes place from the 18th of August to the 4th of September 2015. Internet users from all over the world can vote for their 3 favorites among the Top-100 pictures. The three most voted photos will be awarded with the Public-Voting-Prizes.
25. The decisions of the jury and the public voting are binding.
26. Prizes are not transferable, not enforceable and legal action is ruled out. The prizes will be hand over within the 31st December 2015 (GMT +1).
27. The IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI participant must be owner of all copyrights of the uploaded picture. The IMS and his partners are not responsible for any lack of those rights.
28. The photo upload is exclusively reserved for privates. The upload form cannot contain neither pseudonyms, nor companies, nor agencies. If this is the case the uploaded pictures will be cancelled immediately.
29. Uploaded pictures can be cancelled after sending a request. After having cancelled the picture by request the participant cannot again participate on the IMS Photo Contest 2015. Pictures can be substituted only if the reason is the bad quality of the picture.
30. The upload of panorama pictures is not allowed.
31. Photographers which use a drone to capture pictures, have to be aware of the countries airspace regulations in which the photo is made. The IMS and his partners are not responsible for any violations of this kind.
32. The organizer, promoter and all subjects involved into the organization of the "IMS Photo Contest 2015" decline any responsibility for the following incidents: technical problems; general errors; erroneous deletion of data; missed functioning of communication devices, websites during upload and transmission of the pictures etc.; any problem deriving from missing data or information supplied by the participants; any injury, damage or harm to persons or things that can be caused in total or by part by the participation at the contest or related to the receipt of prices; non authorized use of the participants pictures.
33. Applicable law, place of jurisdiction and place of performance is Salem, it applies German law.
*Salem Frucht GmbH, Germany, is initiator and right owner of the IMS Photo Contest 2015 by DJI.