A PhD scholarship is available in CSIRO and Deakin University's Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM).
The PhD student, will initiate and conduct research on the topic of ‘New Sizing Agents for Carbon Fibre’ led by Dr Sally Hutchinson, A/Prof Joselito Razal and Dr Nisa Salim. The successful applicant will be based at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
The aim of the project is to develop a novel sizing agent for carbon fibre to improve the properties of composite materials.
Candidates must satisfy the below criteria in addition to the eligibility criteria specific to the project.
- Successful applicants must have achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent. Please refer to the entry pathways to higher degrees by research for further information.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a Masters or Doctoral degree full‐time in 2017 and have applied for, or are currently enrolled in, a higher degree by research.
- Applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree must have at least 12 months fulltime or equivalent candidature remaining.
Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Previous experience in synthetic organic chemistry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of polymer chemistry.
- Knowledge of key techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS, viscosity determination, strength testing.
How to apply
Please apply using the expression of interest form:
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.