PhD candidate in Evolutionary Biology
Faculty of Science – Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
- Publication date---6 January 2016
- Level of education---University
- Salary indication---€2,173 to €2,778 gross per month
- Closing date---5 February 2016
- Hours---38 hours per week
- Vacancy number---16-005
The Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics is one of eight research institutes of the Faculty of Science at the University of Amsterdam. The institute covers a wide range of subjects in both fundamental and applied research. Our scientific studies aim at a better understanding of the dynamics of ecosystems at all relevant levels, from genes to climate change, using a truly multi-disciplinary approach.
- MSc in Biology, with focus on evolution, and interest in chemical ecology and entomology;
- experience with molecular biological techniques, preferably also with genetic analyses;
- interest to combine laboratory and field studies with genetic and chemical analyses;
- skills in experimental design and statistical analysis;
- proficiency in scientific writing and communication;
- ability to work in an international research team.
- Dr. Astrid T. Groot (project leader, supervisor)
T: +31(0) 20 525 5400
The position will start preferably March or April 2016. The full-time appointment will be on a temporary basis for a maximum period of four years. Initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months and after satisfactory evaluation it will be extended for a total duration of four years. The full-time gross monthly salary will range from €2,173 in the first year to €2,778 in the final year, according to the Dutch salary scales for PhD candidates. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. The annual salary will be increased by 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus.
Applications should include a detailed CV, a motivation letter, and the names and contact addresses of two references from which information about the candidate can be obtained.
Applications should be sent before 6 February 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote vacancy number 16-005 in the subject field. Interviews will be held in the week of 15 February 2016.