PhD Scholarship in Abrasive wear modeling for agricultural tools
- Unique opportunity to perform interdisciplinary research in mechanical and materials engineering
- Work at a leading scientific institution in Europe with dedicated professionals
- Offering outstanding career development and professional support
The Tribology research group at Soete Laboratory in the Department of Electrical Energy, Metals, Mechanical Construction and Systems (EEMMeCS) of Ghent University is seeking to appoint a highly motivated PhD-student who will develop abrasive wear models for agricultural tools. The research group at Ghent University has a first class track record in tribology and machine elements and is embedded in the Metal Structures Centre that hosts over 200 researchers and technicians active in tribology, fracture mechanics, fatigue, plasticity, stability of structures, joining techniques and corrosion.
- A highly motivated candidate with a strong academic record and a master degree in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Equally important is that you show a true passion for technology and engineering.
- Previous research experience and/or demonstrations of out-of-the-box thinking are a plus.
- Since we are an international team, English is the main language and proficiency in written and spoken English is crucial
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.