IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here - http://www.networks.imdea.org/people). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here - http://www.networks.imdea.org/research/research-areas.
We bring together a large number of scientists performing research in fields very closely related to computer networks, to an extent that is unique in Europe. At the Institute, and teamed up with University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M) - http://www.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/home, researchers understand each other, are driven by common interests and are therefore able to collaborate in depth on leading-edge technical challenges.
Our PhD Student - http://www.networks.imdea.org/people/phd-students positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in our research team. Candidates offered a position as IMDEA Networks PhD Students will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the Ph.D. program at UC3M or another top university in Madrid*, subject to your satisfactory completion of the corresponding Ph.D. application form**.
* Please be aware that IMDEA Networks does not issue degrees and that, in most cases, as a UC3M PhD candidate you will be required to complete at least one year of masters courses, even if you already hold a masters degree.(Other universities may apply different criteria.)
** Please note: you are not required to complete the PhD application form until you receive an offer letter from IMDEA Networks.
PhD positions - http://www.networks.imdea.org/careers/phd-student#phdpositions | Application information - http://www.networks.imdea.org/careers/phd-student#application information
How to apply for PhD positions
We have PhD positions for specific topics or projects, as well as positions where the research topic is not pre-defined at the time of the call. If your background and interests match one or two of the positions below, please enter the name of the corresponding supervisor(s) as “Preferred Ph.D. supervisor” in the section“Research interests and statement of purpose” of the application form. If you do not have a preference as to the PhD topic, leave this field empty.
Find more information about these openings on the following links:
- PhD Position in Localization for Flexible 5G Networks – Supervisor: Dr. Domenico Giustiniano - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2014-15#flexible5g
- PhD in Wireless Networks at 60 GHz (mmwave) – Supervisor: Dr. Domenico Giustiniano - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2014-15#mmwave
- PhD in Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization (Networked Systems Group) – Supervisor: Dr. Kirill Kogan - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2014-15#Software-Defined
- PhD in Context-aware D2D Communications for 5G Networks – Supervisor: Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2014-15#Context-aware
- PhD in Millimeter-wave Networking (Wireless Networks and Communications Group) – Supervisor: Dr. Joerg Widmer - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-positions-2014-15#Milimeter-wave
Please carefully read the following information on requirements, benefits and career before applying: PhD Student - Your career choice - http://www.networks.imdea.org/phd-student-your-career-choice
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM - https://careers.networks.imdea.org/.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY OPEN. THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 30 JUNE 2015 (23:59 CET).
To give an example of the competitiveness of our recruitment process, please be aware that we usually open around 10 slots per year and accept less than 5% of applicants.
Candidates would be well advised to submit their applications for evaluation at the earliest opportunity ahead of the deadline.
New Key Dates in “PhD Student positions 2014-15” Application Process
You may also wish to consider applying for a Funded Ph.D. Student position with the NETCOM Telematics research group at University Carlos III of Madrid.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: