2016-2017 Confucius China Studies Program-PhD Fellowships: Ph.D. in China Fellowship
The“Confucius China Studies Program” has been established by the Confucius Institute Headquarters with the aim of fostering a deeper understanding of China and Chinese culture among young generations around the world, enabling the prosperous growth of China studies, promoting the sustainable development of Confucius Institutes, and enhancing friendly relationships between China and the people of other countries.
The Program consists of six subprograms in the academic areas of Humanities and Social Sciences. Two of them are to sponsor Ph.D. students. The Ph.D. in China Fellowship aims to support foreign students in their pursuit of full-time Ph.D. degrees in the humanities and social sciences at Sun Yat-sen University.
To support international students who are interested in pursuing their doctoral degree at Sun Yat-sen University in the arts, education, humanities, and social sciences with a focus on China. The study period is 3-4 years.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year,
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year,
• Round-trip international economy class airfare,
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university,
• Medical insurance in China,
• Group activities and cultural experiences.
• Non-Chinese citizens under 40 years of age,
• HSK test score level 5 is required. A candidate with a higher level of Chinese proficiency would be given preference to an otherwise equally qualified candidate,
• Applicants who are currently participating in the Chinese Government Scholarship program are not eligible to apply for this Plan.
4. Application materials
• Notarized transcripts of undergraduate and graduate studies, diplomas, and copies of all the documents above in Chinese,
• HSK transcript,
• Abstract of master’s thesis and other academic publications,
• A doctoral research statement,
• Two recommendation letters from scholars in a related field,
• Other documents required by the university.
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from a Confucius Institute.
5. How to apply
Step 1: Online application. Applicants shall submit their online applications at ccsp.chinese.cn.
Step 2: Post the hard copies of application materials. Applicants are required to send application forms and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters and Sun Yat-sen University.
Address:Office for International Students' Affairs,Sun Yat-sen University#135 Xingang Xi Road, Guangzhou 510275 China
- Application Deadline
February 15, 2016
The online application system will be closed on February 15th, 2016, at 23:59 (Beijing time). All application documents should be posted before the deadline.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Website: http://ccsp.chinese.cn/， http://iso.sysu.edu.cn
Address: Office for International Students’ Affairs, Sun Yat-sen University #135 Xingang Xi Rd., Guangzhou, 510275 China
Zip code: 510275
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: