Photo District News (PDN), the award-winning monthly magazine for the professional photographer, has been covering the professional photographic industry for more than 30 years. The PDN Photo Annual has a reputation for prestige and value.
Who may enter?
Employees of Photo District News®, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
How to enter
- Please submit images that are suitable for printing in PDN magazine. The preferred size is 11x17" @ 300 dpi jpeg with either Adobe 1998, sRGB or Untagged color profiles. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see FAQ.
- You may enter any number of entries in any of the categories listed below.
- To qualify, photographs must be taken, published or produced between Feb 2015 and Feb 2016. Ongoing or in progress projects that contain older images are also allowed.
- An entry consists of one photo, a photo series or video link, in addition to an entry fee and completed data fields.
- Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses."
- If the Photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the Photograph submitted, authorizing use of the Photograph as provided below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." You do not need to send the release with your entry. If you win, we will contact you if a model release is needed.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- On-line entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization.
- ADVERTISING/CORPORATE WORK
- PHOTO BOOKS
- STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY
- STUDENT WORK
- The $15,000 Arnold Newman Prize for New Directions in Photographic Portraiture
- The Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund $4,000 Professional and $2,000 Student Awards
- The $2,500 Sony Emerging Talent Award
- The $3,000 PDN Publisher's Choice Award
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: