Pannonia Reflections 2016 is open for entries!
Last year competition 2 nd PANNONIA REFLECTIONS 2015, under the patronage of FIAP, PSA and FZS, was a success. It wasn’t easy, but our sweat was paid off with applications of participants and many outstanding photographs. Your praise and compliments about good organization, a quality catalog, the successfully carried out exhibition and good communication with the participants make us sincerely happy.
We got to know a lot of new people along the way, and this is what especially raised our spirits and gives us strong motivation to keep going along the path we have chosen. We in Photography Society Pannonia are ready for 3rd PANNONIA REFLECTIONS – and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are already looking forward to your applications, extraordinary photos, new experiences and new friendships!
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANIZER
Organizer will take all possible care when handling the incoming and outgoing mail. However, we accept no liability for damage or loss during the transit.
- Eifert Janos, EFIAP – Hungary
- Štefi Praprotnik Borko, EFIAP/p – Slovenia
- Haitham Al Farsi, AFIAP- Oman
- FIAP Best author (Special award)
- PANNONIA REFLECTIONS special award for the photo selected by the President of the organising committee (Special Award)
- PANNONIA REFLECTIONS special award for the Best club/association determined by the total number of accepted photos (Special Award)
- FIAP medals in each section (12 altogether)
- PSA gold medal in each section (4 altogether)
- PSA ribbons (6 altogether)
- FZS (Photographic Association of Slovenia) medals in each section (12 altogether)
- Salon medals in each section (12 altogether)
- FIAP honorable mention ribbons (HM) in each section (20 altogether)
- The jury reserves the right to grant additional awards. Each author can receive only one award in each of the section. The decision of the jury is final and irrevocable, complaints are not possible.
Closing date: December 11, 2016
Judging: December 16-18, 2016
Notification: December 23, 2016
Exhibition opening and projection: February 05- March 15, 2017 – Gallery Muzeum Lendava, Bannfyev trg 1, 9220 Lendava, Slovenia – EU
Sending of catalogs and awards: February 19, 2017
ADDRESS FOR SENDING TO ORGANIZER:
You can send printed entry forms and/or entry fee to this address.
Fotografsko društvo Pannonia
Čentiba, Fodorjeva vrsta 152
FIAP: A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black & white work toned entirely in a single color will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black & white category; such a work may be reproduced in black & white in the catalogue. On the other hand a black and white work modified by partial toning or by the addition of one color becomes a color work (polychrome) to stand in the color category.
PSA: An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a grayscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.)
A grayscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR EXHIBITORS FIAP:
“By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms:
- that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP,
- that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking,
- that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP,
- that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.”
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR EXHIBITORS PSA:
- The Salon will be conducted in accordance with the requirements and practices of The Photographic Society of America (PSA)
- Acceptances received by PSA members in approved sections of this exhibition are eligible for PSA Star Ratings, listing in the worldwide PSA Who’s Who of photography, and credited toward the PSA Distinctions PPSA and EPSA.
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
Entries are limited to not more than 4 images per section, category, or class. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. There are no restrictions as to subject matter except as outlined in the rules and definitions of specific sections, or specified by law in the country where the exhibition is held.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright.
Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates subject to divisional restrictions.
All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted. Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates subject to Nature, Photo Travel and Photojournalism divisional restrictions. No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition. Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
- May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition. Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
All entries shall conform to the stricter of these definitions for acceptances to be validated by all the International Organizations granting recognition or patronage.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: