Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
Objective: To assist the Information Technology Team in maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting issues, while gaining practical experience with IT and operations and for the general workings of a large international humanitarian aid organization.
Overview: The IT Intern will support the activities of the IT Team in a rapidly evolving technology environment. S/he will learn how an IT department runs within a non-profit and also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's programs, and how it operates in the United States. Video and teleconferencing are used extensively at MSF and the IT Intern will be expected to learn how to use and support these tools. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in learning about the deployment, use and support of desktops, laptops, and phones on a national and international basis for non-profit and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Duties: The IT Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks, as they are learning the necessary skills
- Configure PCs following MSF-USA standards,
- Support technology needs for meetings, tele and video conferences, and a variety of other events and presentations,
- Image new computers,
- Set up technology resources for staff members,
- Schedule and install software upgrades for users,
- Learn troubleshooting techniques while responding to IT trouble tickets,
- Keep IT workshop organized,
- Assist in reporting and documentation of various elements of the MSF-USA IT Department.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from department members.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate needs appropriately.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: