Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2017/18
The Orient-Institut Beirut (Max Weber Foundation) conducts and supports research on the region (MENA) in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
With our postdoctoral fellowships we seek to enhance co-operation with academic institutions in the region.
The fellowship will be granted for up to 12 months, beginning with September 15 2017 (or later this year). The stipend amounts to € 1900 per month. We may further support up to two travels abroad for active participation at conferences and the like.
- Excellent research project.
- PhD in a region related discipline.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Basic command of German is expected.
- Research design must convincingly project results within the prospected period.
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
- Participate actively at academic activities of the Institute
- Present their research results
- Enhance the Institute's cooperation with academic institutions in the region
- Cooperate with ongoing research activities of the Institute
- Write a report at the end of their fellowship.
Deadline for submitting applications: before June 15, 2017 by e-mail to:
Prof. Dr. Stefan Leder
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Outline of research proposal
- Letter of recommendation written by an academic supervisor
- Copy of the doctoral degree document
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: