Introduction to the Theoretical System of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
Learn about the contemporary governing practice and guiding ideology of the Communist Party of China.
This is an Archived Course
EdX keeps courses open for enrollment after they end to allow learners to explore content and continue learning. All features and materials may not be available, and course content will not be updated. Check back often to see when new course start dates are announced.
China has grown to become the world’s second largest economy in the last several decades. In this history course, you will learn about the governing practice and ideology of the Communist Party of China during their economic growth.
This course is an introduction to the theoretical system of socialism with Chinese characteristics and mainly consists of three points:
- Deng Xiaoping theory
- The important thought of "Three Represents”, which is a guiding socio-political theory
- Scientific outlook on China’s economic development
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- The primary stage of socialism
- The Essence of Socialism and the General Task of Building Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
- Socialist theory of reform and opening up
- Theory of achieving complete reunification of China
- Socialistic diplomacy and international strategy with Chinese characteristics
- Theory on the Leading Nucleus of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
This course is a window into contemporary China. Open the window and enjoy the view with us.
What you'll learn
- Essence of the theoretical system of socialism with Chinese characteristics
- Necessity, feasibility and difficulty of China's economic reform and opening up\
For more information click "Further official information" below.