Online Course - English for Doing Business in Asia-Writing
EdX keeps courses open for enrollment after they end to allow learners to explore content and continue learning. All features and materials may not be all available. Check back often to see when new course start dates are announced.
The use of English for doing business in multinational settings is a fact of life for many business people. And, as Asian economies expand and become more involved in the global economy, having the ability to write clear and concise English is important when exchanging information. This course has two goals. The first is to introduce non-native speakers of English to methods for developing written English language and communication skills for doing business in Asia. The second is to examine the impact of cross-cultural interactions and globalization on English communications. By exploring and participating in a business simulation set in Asia, you will develop the principal skills for effective communication in English when conducting business in China and other Asian countries.
This course is part of a series developed by the same instructors. Enroll in EBA101x English for Doing Business in Asia – Speaking to continue developing your English language and communication skills.
What you'll learn
- Plan, research and structure a piece of writing according to the needs of a specific reader and purpose
- Write a series of coherent and cohesive paragraphs, in which topic sentences containing controlling ideas are expanded with details, examples and explanations
- Identify the purpose of a written document to meet the audience’s needs
- Organize a written document to suit the audience and purpose
- Develop an understanding of cross-cultural issues, style, and genre for business communication purposes
Free access to the best education, open to anyone
Enrollment for verified certificates closed on 12/02/2015
The best classes from the best professors and universities
Learn through cool tools, videos, quizzes and game-like labs
On your schedule
Take courses when you want and at your own pace
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 3 - 4 hours/week
Verified Certificate option closed
Video Transcripts: English