About the contest
Thank you for considering entry in the Underwater Photography Guide's 6th annual Ocean Art Underwater Photo Competition. The contest features over 25 incredible liveaboard, resort and photo gear sponsors exceeding $75,000 USD in value. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in all categories will be able to choose from excellent prizes.
We have many categories designed to ensure that photographers find the right category for each of their images, no matter how unique. Categories are further divided into Compact, Mirrorless and Open (all cameras). Ocean Art uses 15 categories total!
This is a virtual contest - simply upload underwater photos taken anywhere, anytime. Registration & Entries are accepted from August 23 through November 22, 2016. Winners will be announced the week of January 9, 2017.
Photo Rights & Judging
- Images that have previously placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a major international contest are not allowed and will be disqualified. If you're not sure whether a contest is major - please ask.
- Entrants, by submitting images, grant permission to the Underwater Photography Guide to use winning entries for the direct promotion of the Underwater Photography Guide photo contests, including but not limited to Ocean Art. All photo rights remain with the photographer. Any images used for this purpose online will include a watermark with 'Ocean Art Contest' and the photographer's name. The organizers are not interested in taking any other rights for the photo, selling it, making a book out of it, etc. It’s your photo.
- Winners and prize awards will be announced the week of January 9, 2017 on the Underwater Photography Guide homepage and social media channels.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Prizes are Awarded
Winners will be asked to rank prizes after the judging is completed (but not yet announced) and will receive the highest ranked prize available on their list. Best of Show will be awarded their first prize choice. 1st place winners will be able to choose before all other winners, 2nd place winners before 3rd place winners, etc. Winners can only receive one prize.
The exact ranking of the category point systems, which determines who gets awarded their first prize picks, will be determined by the judges based upon the number of entries and level of competiveness of each category.
Winners will learn of their placement and awarded prize when contest results are announced in the week of January 9, 2017. All prizes will be awarded.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.