- Must demonstrate outstanding contributions to outreach and science education activities for SfN or its local chapters.
- Readiness to take leadership roles designing and/or executing chapter outreach efforts the following year is required (must be documented in Annual Chapter Report).
- Nomination must be by an active chapter that has submitted an annual Chapter Report within the past year. See chapter guidelines for information about chapter requirements.
- Current predoctoral/postdoctoral students only. A group of up to four predoctoral/postdoctoral students in cases where cooperation was essential for the success of the activity is allowed.
- Junior faculty nominees must be scientists within 10 years of receiving an advanced degree.
- Each chapter may only submit one nomination per category per year.
- Nominee may not be a recipient of another SfN travel award in the same year.