Newcastle University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships
To allow for greater scholarship opportunities to prospective and current research students, UON will undertake an additional scholarship round in 2016. There are two scholarship rounds open to domestic and international applicants, where scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year. An overview of all scholarships available within both rounds for research degree candidates is available here.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission.
Your application for admission must include:
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications
- If required, certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
Please ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal