Newcastle University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships
To allow for greater scholarship opportunities to prospective and current research students, UON will undertake an additional scholarship round in 2016. There are two scholarship rounds open to domestic and international applicants, where scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year. An overview of all scholarships available within both rounds for research degree candidates is available here.
Eligibility criteria based on Commonwealth Government Scholarship Guidelines and candidates must:
- satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
- have a current offer of admission into a research higher degree.
- have completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained Honours Class 1 or equivalent and a high grade point average (GPA)
- be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the latest outcome date for the round in which they are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
- be enrolled full-time (part-time enrolment may be approved in exceptional circumstances. Part-time scholarships are taxable)
- be enrolled on-campus (off-campus enrolment may be approved in exceptional circumstances)
- scholars may only work a maximum of 8 hours per week (between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- scholarship offers must be taken up by the latest commencement date for the round in which the scholar has applied.
- RHD Scholarship Guidelines
HOW DO I APPLY?
Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting email@example.com
New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission.
Your application for admission must include:
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications
- If required, certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
Please ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: