In its continued efforts towards enhancing and sustaining the standards, quality and relevance of higher agricultural education in the country, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here-in-after, referred as the Council, has instituted International Fellowships with dual purpose of (i) human resource development in cutting edge technologies, and (ii) demonstrating the strength of Indian agricultural system abroad. The objective is to develop competent human resource that are trained in the identified best laboratories in the world (for Indian candidates) and similarly expose overseas candidates to the best Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AU system (comprising of State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, ICAR-Deemed Universities, Allahabad Agricultural Institute-DU, Central Universities having agricultural faculty) for creating a pool of scientist-envoys for enhanced future co-operation.
The NS-ICAR IFs are available to support Indian/ Overseas nationals for pursuing doctoral degree in agriculture and allied sciences, in the identified priority areas, to the
- Indian candidates for study abroad in the identified overseas Universities/Institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and
- Overseas candidates for study in the best Indian AUs in the ICAR-AUs system.
For study in the identified institutions having strong research and teaching capabilities and adequate strength in terms of faculty and infrastructure facilities, the NS ICAR-IFs are tenable at:
- identified overseas institutions in case of Indian candidates and
- identified Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) from ICAR-AU system in India in case of overseas candidates.
Mode of Application:
- The candidate should submit an application for the fellowship, on-line, in the prescribed format.
- The area of study and the line of the proposed research work should be in the identified priority area relevant to Indian/Global agriculture as identified by the Council and the same shall be notified one year in advance.
- The applicant shall provide two references along with their contact Email addresses, in support of his application, who may be directly contacted by the Council for obtaining comments in the prescribed format on his candidature. One of the two referees should preferably be his/her supervisor in the current occupation (if employed) and one who is an expert in the area and well acquainted with the candidate’s work.
- The applicants for the ICAR-IF must obtain at their own level, an acceptance of their admission in the Ph.D. degree programmes with identified area of study at the identified Indian AUs in case of overseas applicants and the identified overseas institutions in case of Indian applicants. Such acceptance letters should preferably be enclosed with the application for the fellowship.
- The candidates should satisfy themselves regarding admission and course requirements of the university before identifying these as a place of study.
- Applications for NS-ICAR IFs will be invited on annual basis through announcements published in Indian national newspapers and the notification on ICAR website “http://www.icar.org.in”. Indian diplomatic missions in foreign countries will also be informed through e-mails.