Research Grant Programme
The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
An applicant must:
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (see 3. Target countries and regions below);
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the target countries listed in 3. Target countries and regions below;
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; AND
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
A proposed research project must:
- be scientific research contributing to the nature conservation of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
- involve fieldwork for collecting data;
- be applicant's own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
- achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
- be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant's institution.
Target countries and regions:
The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
Those who wish to continue their research with additional grant
Grant recipients may submit a renewal application to continue the funded research project in
subsequent year(s). Those recipients wishing renewal should follow the same application procedure above. The NEF Selection Committee evaluates progress/final reports and other items resulting from the funded research as well as renewal application. Please be sure that submission of renewal application does not guarantee additional grant funding.
Submission of such additional applications is acceptable after completion of the funded projects and up to one time
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: