Mercedes-Benz Japan Co., Ltd. Internship
Research and Development Japan (RDJ), Mercedes-Benz Japan Co., Ltd.
Alternative Drivetrain Team.
As an intern at the Mercedes-Benz Research and Development Japan (RDJ) office in Kawasaki, you will have the opportunity to experience an intercultural working environment of a leading luxury car manufacturer.
You will improve your language skills by communicating in our team as well as doing translation work (mainly Japanese to English). Furthermore you will deepen your knowledge about the automotive industry by performing market analysis/ research and creating industry related presentations.
As part of the alternative drivetrains team, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Research (30%)
- Supporting of investigations on automotive technology development
- Doing researches mainly in Japanese about the newest technical developments
2. Administration (30%)
- Preparing presentations about the technical researches
- Supporting the daily office work for Alternative Drivetrain Team (e.g. organize meetings, updating data etc.)
3. Translation work (40%)
- Technical translations mainly for Japanese to English
- Translation of research results from Japanese to English
The internship is basically set for a period of 6 months starting from the date above. (Please do not apply any earlier than 5 months prior to your desired start date.)
Required specialized knowledge
- Basic technical knowledge
- Studies of engineering or business administration (appreciated)
- Fluent English (B2/C1)
- Fluent Japanese (JLPT N2 or similar)
Preferred language abilities
- German (appreciated)
- Organizing abilities
- Ability to learn and research about technical topics independently
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Power Point)
- Presentation design skills
- Tips for accomodation and Japan-related information
- Help with visa procedures.
We are looking for interns who have an interest in automobile industry and want to work in an intercultural environment. Study of technology, economy, language or business administration would be very much appreciated.
If you are interested in the above position, please send your:
- Cover Letter
- CV in English (with a picture not older than 6 month)
- A short self introduction in Japanese (about 500 letters,stating who you are and why you want to work here)
- Transcript of records from your university
- If applicable certificates/references of previous internships, work experiences, language skills etc.
directly to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: