Scholarship: a fee waiver, a monthly stipend (100 000 KZT) for Kazakhstani citizens, and free accommodation on campus (if needed)
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences(SHSS) at Nazarbayev University is accepting applications for an exciting Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations (MAPSIR) degree program that is designed to train the next generation of highly qualified political scientists and government experts to meet national and global challenges. Launched in 2014, it currently has 11 graduate students. The strategic partner of the SHSS is the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA). Its social science program ranks as one of the top 20 in the world.
About the Program
• The first world-class graduate level political science and international relations program in Kazakhstan
• 2-year funded all-English MA program (100 ECTS credits)
• Taught by internationally recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia
• Advised and actively supported by the partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
• Focus on international relations, comparative politics, and Eurasian politics and societies
• Advanced academic training for pursuing careers in government, international organizations, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy
• Study in Astana, at the heart of Eurasia, with unparalleled access to government agencies, international organizations and foreign diplomats
• Housing on campus (based on need) with modern facilities, labs, library and sports center and a monthly stipend of 100,000 KZT for Kazakhstani citizens
• Awards “Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations” degree
MAPSIR is ideal for students who intend to pursue careers in government, academia, or other fields related to governance and policy. MAPSIR graduates go on to work for national and local governments, international organizations, and firms that interact with government agencies. The degree will also offer excellent training to students who wish to pursue further graduate work at the Ph.D. level. Only graduates with at least 240 ECTS credits (equivalent to a four-year undergraduate program or a three-year undergraduate program plus a one-year Graduate Diploma) are eligible for admission to the graduate program.
The Final Deadline for submitting applications is Monday 13 April 2015 (inclusive)
Successful candidates will be notified by email by 1 July 2015 at the latest
Please send your questions to the
Office of School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Nazarbayev University by email at
or by tel at +7 (7172) 70-6638.