LEAP Award 2018
• Established in 2007 honoring Kate Lydon, Contemporary Craft (CC)’s Director of Exhibitions, for her 20 years of service to the organization
• Recognizes exceptional emerging talent in the contemporary craft field and provides opportunities for early career artists to bring their artwork to the consumer market
• Retail gallery program which features, markets and sells the work of one winner and 6 finalists
• $1,000 prize, national promotion, special feature on newsletter and one-year retail exhibit for winner; finalists receive special features on rotating basis throughout 2018
Brigitte Martin is the creator and Editor-in-Chief of crafthaus, a social network and online art community for professional craft artists worldwide. As the national juror and curator for crafthaus, Brigitte is at the forefront of current trends and happenings in the international craft community and is committed to bringing awareness beyond the usual art and craft circles.
• LEAP is currently open to artists reside in the United States.
• LEAP is open to exceptionally talented artists who are in the early stages of their career. “Emerging” artists may have had some professional experience (i.e., exhibitions, sales, publication, etc), but not yet have established reputations as artists.
• Artists must work in craft media: ceramics, wood, metal/jewelry, glass, found materials, mixed media, fiber or a combination of these materials
Upon being selected to participate, CC will receive a 50% commission on artworks sold. Commissions received through CC sales help support the free admission, education and community outreach programs of the nonprofit organization.
One-way transportation and insurance of finalists’ works must be paid by the artist; CC will pay return transportation and insurance costs. Works must be packed securely and double boxed in reusable crates with thorough re-packing instructions.
LEAP 2018 AWARD CALENDAR
● Call for Artists begins July 1, 2017
● Deadline for Entries September 30, 2017
● Notification of Finalists October 14, 2017
● LEAP features begin January 16, 2018
Questions? Email Susan Hillman at email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: