LensCulture is dedicated to helping all photographers move forward professionally.
LensCulture Portrait Awards 2016 is our 3rd annual competition to discover the very best contemporary portrait photography from all cultures around the world. Portraits are the most fundamental type of photograph — helping people to understand and celebrate human connections on a universal level. We encourage anyone, from anywhere, with a new perspective on the modern-day portrait to enter. 6 Winners, 8 Jurors' Picks and 25 Finalists will be chosen.
Career Launching Awards
- $22,000 in Cash Awards
- Photo London Exhibition
- International Festival Projections
- ‘Portrait Award 2016' Printed Annual
- Live, Online Review with Expert
- Featured Article on LensCulture.com
- International Press Exposure
- Visibility with LensCulture Insiders
- Immediate Exposure in Competition Gallery
- Invitation-Only LensCulture Portfolio Account
- Submission Review by Photo Industry Expert
1st Place: $5000
2nd Place: $2000
3rd Place: $1000
Single Image Award
1st Place: $3500
2nd Place: $1500
3rd Place: $1000
Each juror will select one photographer to receive a $1,000 Juror's Pick Award.
Series: 60$ USD
For a related series of 10 photos reviewed as one entry. It should work together as a group, thematically or aesthetically, and as a cumulative portrait.
Singles: 20$ USD
For 1 single photo entry. You can add more photos for $10 each up to the deadline.
5+Singles: 50$ USD
For 5 single photos reviewed as 5 separate entries. You can add more photos for $10 each up to the deadline.
Deadline: Tuesday, March 8, 2016
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: