Seize your opportunity.
Compete for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award and qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
- Join the debate with 600 top global leaders and decision makers
- Share your thoughts, ideas and visions with the global elite
- Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided
- Meet 200 of the world’s brightest young minds
- Small and intimate gatherings with world leaders, exclusively for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- CHF 20,000.– prize money shared by the three winners
- Broad media coverage
- Become member of a truly unique and strong global community
Qualify with an excellent essay.
Your essay must answer the following question: What are alternatives to economic growth? Leaders of Tomorrow have expressed scepticism towards economic growth as it stands today. We challenge you to develop your alternative guidelines to the concept of growth. Present your own idea to convince the jury. We expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold and unconventional! The following criteria must be met:
|Form||Essay (max. 2,100 words)|
|Deadline||1 February 2016, 11:59 p.m. last time zone (UTC-12)|
|Anonymity||Your name must not be mentioned anywhere in the contribution file|
|Individuality||Individual work expected, no group work allowed. The essay must be written exclusively for this contest|
|Citation||All sources must be cited and referred to the respective part in the essay|
Check your eligibility and prepare documents.
To be eligible, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in 1986 or later
Make sure you can provide the following documents:
- Copy of passport or other identification (in English for non-Roman languages)
- Confirmation of matriculation/enrolment from your university which proves your enrolment in a graduate/postgraduate level programme as of 1 February 2016 (download sample document here)
- Your contribution file with no indication of your name in the file name, the file metadata or the file itself
Impress the Jury.
All contributions will be evaluated according to specific criteria by an independent jurycomposed of professors, corporate executives and entrepreneurs. The authors of the best 100 contributions qualify as Leaders of Tomorrow and will be invited by the ISC to the next St. Gallen Symposium. You qualify as a semi-finalist to compete for the prestigious award 2016 if your essay makes it in the top 20. You will be asked by mid-March the very latest to pitch the essence of your essay in a 3-minute video presentation. Based upon the quality of both the essay and the video pitch, the jury selects the six finalists who will compete for the award against each other on the symposium’s big stage. The award will be bestowed to those finalists who show the very best performances both on the essay and on the stage in St. Gallen.
Apply for the competition and compete.
Take the following steps to maximise your chance of qualifying as a "Leader of Tomorrow" for the 46th St. Gallen Symposium (click here if the login does not display properly):
1. Register now to get regular updates, advice and valuable information on the competition and the symposium.
2. Read the competition requirements and the eligibility criteria as outlined here.Attention to those who have competed already in the past:there are quite a few important changes compared to our previous competitions, please read all requirements carefully!
3. Your contribution must answer the competition question as outlined here.
4. Login your competition account, skim over the application form and read the terms and conditions of the competition.
5. Complete the application form and hand in your contribution no later than by Monday, 1 February 2016 (23:59 p.m., last time zone).
6. If the jury selects your essay in the top 100, you qualify as a Leader of Tomorrow for an expenses-covered participation in the 46th St. Gallen Symposium (11–13 May 2016). The results will be announced via e-mail by mid-March 2016.
7. You qualify as a semi-finalist to compete for the prestigious St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award 2016 if the jury selects your essay for the top 20. You will be asked mid-March to pitch the essence of your essay in a 3-minute video presentation.
8. The jury selects you as a finalist if your essay and your video presentation makes it in the top 6. You will be invited to present and defend your idea on the big stage of the 46th St. Gallen Symposium.
9. The jury selects the three award winners based on both the quality of the essay and the performance on stage. The award is endowed with a total prize money of CHF 20,000.
10. In case of any questions, please contact the ISC-Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Be bold, creative and ambitious to surprise global leaders with your own unique idea - an idea that shall inspire and provoke the minds of hundreds of global current and future leaders!
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: