About the Fellowship
Sponsored by Laureate International Universities - http://www.laureate.net/, the Laureate Global Fellowship annually recognizes 20 young leaders who have pioneered solutions to urgent challenges in their communities and beyond. Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of over 1,000 change-makers like them who continue to benefit from learning opportunities and connections throughout their social change careers. Learn more about the Fellowship experience - http://www.youthactionnet.org/laureate-global-fellows and read this blog post about our approach to leadership development - http://www.youthactionnet.org/blog/learning-lead-laureate-global-fellowship-approach.
Applicants must be:
- 18 – 29 years old as of October 1, 2016
- Founders or co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact*
- Fluent in English (applications must be completed in English
*Please note: Applicants must be founder or co-founder of a venture that has not previously participated in the Laureate Global Fellowship
- Application opens on February 8, 2016
- Applications must be submitted by March 13, 2016 at 11:59pm EDT
- All applicants will be notified of their status by June 13, 2016
- The leadership training and public event will take place in Costa Rica, October 5-15 2016
Want to know more? Check out these resources!
- Frequently Asked Questions - http://www.youthactionnet.org/faq
- Fellow Testimonials - http://www.youthactionnet.org/testimonials
- Fellows Directory - http://www.youthactionnet.org/fellows
- National/Regional Leadership Institutes - http://www.youthactionnet.org/global-network
How to apply
Please apply through YouthActionNet's 2016 Laureate Global Fellowship Online Application - http://www.yanapp.org/index.php?fuse=registration.
While online applications are preferred, there is a Microsoft Word version of the application for those who require it due to limited bandwith. Click here - https://app.box.com/s/x1d1dsoqau0wrmd1b1mky4nf75830o80 to access the Word application.
In order to provide our applicants with the opportunity to clearly and thoroughly explain their ventures and personal journey, the application consists of seven sections. Each must be completed in order for an application to be reviewed. There is one additional section which is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Part 1: Basic Information. You will provide basic information about you, including contact information.
- Part 2: Video Submission. Using guidelines provided in this application, you will create an original video and post it online. Your video will be the first opportunity we have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. We hope you will be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made towards change (what your venture does), and what a successful future looks like for your venture.
- Part 3: Your Venture. You will describe key elements of your social venture, including core activities, beneficiaries, impact, and achievements.
- Part 4: Your Business Model. You will discuss your venture’s funding structure, revenue generation strategies, and partnerships.
- Part 5: Tell Us About You. You will share your background, leadership style, and what you hope to learn if selected.
- Part 6: Additional Information. Questions in this section are used primarily for statistics and program learning; they do not affect your eligibility for the fellowship.
- Part 7: References. You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
- Part 8: Supporting Documents. You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your venture. This section is optional but highly encouraged.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: