Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation Research Grants
1) to contribute to the society by promoting international understanding and
2) to realize the society where mankind respect and harmonize with nature under the concept --- coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
In line with this goal, the foundation provides funds to research activities in the areas of humanities and social sciences which pertain to above mentioned two objectives.
|1.||Focus and Scope of Research
* Research activities of social, academic and international needs in the areas of humanities and social sciences which promote international understanding and/or coexistence of Nature and Mankind. Those should contribute to the society by developing personnel with international perspective, establishing international relationships, solving various issues existing between Japan and other countries, and coexistence of Nature and Mankind.
; especially pioneering research based on creative ideas is welcomed.
|2.||Eligibility and Conditions for Applicants
(II) Outline of the Grants
Number of Grant Recipients
Around 50 students/researchers
|2.||Amount of Grants
Term of Grants
Term of grants shall be one year from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017.
|4.||Use of Grants
|5.||Main Duties of the Recipients and Others
(III) Method and Criteria of Screening
Careful and fair screening will be conducted by the screening committee of the Foundation in late July, 2016.
|2.||Notice of the result
The result of the decisions will be informed to the applicants by e-mail by the beginning of August, 2016, but please understand that the Foundation will not respond to inquiries regarding reasons for the decision.
|3.||Criteria of Screening
In screening, the following items are considered;
In the areas of humanities and social sciences,
(1) Research which is in line with the objectives and activities of the Foundation,
(2) Research which is high in social and academic importance,
(3) Research which is creative and pioneering,
(4) Research which will be carried out by highly motivated and competent researchers and has excellent research plans and setups, and
(5) Research with rational and appropriate budgets.
How to Apply
(1) Make your application document
(2) Get the letter of recommendation
(3) Get your "Reference Number" by registering your application through the following web site.
(4) Write down your Reference Number in the specified section in all the application forms.
(5) Convert application xls file to pdf file. Convert printed reference letter to pdf or jpg file.
(6) Upload application and letter of recommendation through the following website.
If uploading is difficult, you may send the application form and the letter of recommendation to the Foundation by post.
Please do not print on both sides of papers.
(The document should be anopisthographic.)
- Addition of papers, use of non-standardized forms and attachment of materials shall not be accepted. Also, applications with a large number of words using very small size of font shall not be accepted.
- Application forms, once submitted, will not be returned, so please make sure to retain copies.
- Within two weeks after the receipt of both application forms and recommendation posted by mail, the Foundation will inform the receipt of such to applicants. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please inquire as to the receipt of your application.
- Incomplete application forms (including disorderly written ones) could be excluded from the screening process.
- The application process will be carried out only once a year.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: