2016-2017 Confucius China Studies Program-PhD Fellowships:Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
The Program consists of six subprograms in the academic areas of Humanities and Social Sciences. Two of them are to sponsor Ph.D. students.The Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship aims to sponsor doctoral students (candidates) enrolled at foreign universities to come to China for study, research, and writing doctoral dissertations.
To support doctoral students (candidates) enrolled at foreign universities to come to China for study, research, and writing doctoral dissertations.
From six months to two years.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year.
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year.
•Round-trip international economy class airfare.
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university.
• Expenses for the foreign supervisor’s visit or research in China.
•Medical insurance in China.
• Group activities and cultural experiences.
• Non-Chinese citizen.
• HSK test score level 3 is required. A candidate with a higher level of Chinese proficiency would be given preference to an otherwise equally qualified candidate,
• Applicants who are currently participating in the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme are not eligible to apply for this Program.
5. Application materials
• Ph.D. Study Certificate
• Two recommendation letters from scholars a related field
• HSK transcript
• Abstract of master's thesis or other academic publications
• Abstract of doctoral dissertation
• Other documents required by the host Chinese University
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a recommendation letter from local Confucius Institutes.
6. How to apply
The applicant shall submit the online application, and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
6. Assessment Process
The Confucius China Studies Program Expert Committee will review the application materials and conduct a video interview.
February 15, 2016
The online application system will be closed on February 15th, 2016, at 23:59 (Beijing time). All the application documents should be posted before the deadline.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://ccsp.chinese.cn/， http://iso.sysu.edu.cn
Address: Office for International Students’ Affairs, Sun Yat-sen University #135 Xingang Xi Rd., Guangzhou, 510275 China
Zip code: 510275
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: