Did you know that there are schools in Armenian regions that have not had teachers in specific subjects for years? Or that 1 in 4 students in Armenia does not graduate from high school?
What if we told you that you could advance your career, become an aspiring professional, a teacher with outstanding leadership skills while at the same time contributing to the solution of these problems?
Teach For Armenia is recruiting and training recent graduates like you, and helping you become transformational leaders in the classroom and beyond, we aim to bring the best resources to the communities that need them the most. It is important for you to know that you do not have to have a degree in teaching prior to applying to the program, all you need is the desire to teach and shape a nation, we will take care of the rest.
ORGANIZATION: Teach For Armenia
TITLE: Recruiting Fellows (program participants)
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Regional Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Teach For Armenia is looking for exceptional individuals with a record of achievement who seek to have transformational impact on the lives of students for a two-year experience teaching in schools where they are needed most. The Teach for Armenia Fellowship is a fully paid two-year leadership development program for outstanding university graduates and young professionals through teaching at underserved schools.
During Summer Institute:
- Mandatory participation in Summer Institute (a 5-week training program for Fellows to prepare for their two-year commitment at placement school(all expenses covered by Teach For Armenia)
During 2-Year Leadership Development Program
- Commit to teaching in an underserved school in regional Armenia with a minimum of two years
- Set ambitious and feasible goals for student academic and personal goals
- Analyze student-data and problem solve to prioritize vital teacher actions that have the most impact on student academic and personal achievement
- Develop strong and productive relationships with school administration, teachers and parents
Teach For Armenia’s recruitment model focuses on finding the most driven, committed, and exceptional candidates for our Fellowship program.
We seek versatile and passionate individuals with the academic, leadership, and interpersonal experience necessary to be successful teachers in their schools, as well as passionate ambassadors of educational excellence for all children in Armenia. We give our Fellows the necessary training and education to become leaders in their classrooms, communities and careers.
We know that in order for our Fellows to be successful in their schools they must possess the following characteristics:
- Deep belief that all children can achieve great things, and a commitment to persevering in the face of challenges to ensure all students achieve their personal and academic goals
- Demonstrated leadership ability across a variety of settings
- Strong achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer settings
- Ability to adapt to change and a willingness to learn and grow
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to accurately link cause and effect and to generate relevant solutions to problems
- Organizational and time management skills
- Deep commitment to Armenia’s development and the success of all Armenian children
To be considered eligible for the Teach For Armenia Fellowship potential Fellows must:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree by July 2016
- Be fluent in Armenian, and possess strong speaking and writing skills
- Have a work permit and a social card for employment in Armenia
- Be able to commit to a two-year full-time teaching commitment from July 2016 until May 2018
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive + benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: In order to apply to become a Fellow at Teach For Armenia, you must fill out our online application at www.teachforarmenia.org/apply. Your application will be reviewed, and if we consider you as a potential candidate for the Fellowship, our Recruitment team will contact you. For questions regarding the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 4TH.
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information about Teach For Armenia, please visit our website: www.teachforarmenia.org