The University of Luxemburg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
Post-doctoral Researcher in Sociology of Education (M/F)
- Ref. F3-120014
- 3-year contract, 40 hours/week, starting August 1, 2015 (or later).
- Employee status
The post-doctoral researcher will be a member of the multidisciplinary “Institute of Education & Society” at the University of Luxembourg. Part of a diverse team in the dynamic organizational context of an international research university, you will work mainly with Professors Justin Powell and Andreas Hadjar in the Sociology of Education. The ideal candidate has substantive interests in education systems and inequalities, institutions and organizations, policymaking and social change processes; advanced methodological training (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-methods); and would like to work in an intercultural and multilingual team committed to the comparative analysis of societies. Knowledge of and research experience in multiple (higher) education and science systems advantageous. Current research projects examine education systems and inequalities; higher education and research institute development and scientific productivity; and the governance of educational research. Countries compared in these projects include Belgium, China, France, Germany, Japan, Luxembourg, Norway, Qatar, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Academic freedom to develop independent research
- A highly diverse, international scientific community
- Collaboration in a dynamic team conducting highly visible research
- Very attractive remuneration and opportunities for career development
- Personal work space at the University of Luxembourg’s new Belval campus
Applications (in English or German) should contain the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications and a writing sample (article or dissertation)
- Copies of diplomas
- Names and contact details of at least two academic referees
All applications must be submitted to the University’s online recruiting portal by the deadline of 22 June 2015. Job interviews (in Luxembourg) will be held on 6 July 2015.