Job Vacancy Announcement
Application deadline: 5:45pm; October 16, 2016
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Communications Department
Position: Operations Coordinator
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Perform general office duties, including responding phone and walk-in inquiries, greeting visitors, organizing meetings, maintaining event calendar and files, maintaining databases, handling office communications, order supplies for the office, etc.
- Prepare contracts using templates; arrange special terms with the lawyer contacting services providers as needed.
- Arrange photo and video shootings at AUA with photographers and participants.
- Coordinate work with professional photographers, videographers and movie production companies during specific AUA projects.
- Provide support during AUA events, according to assignments.
- Translate/interpret from English into Armenian and vice versa as assigned.
- Keep records of the department’s expenses including budget lines, dates, expense categories and related events and service providers.
- Assist with reconciliation of the expenses with 1C accounting system information.
- Coordinate AUA campus tours.
- Negotiate services prices and terms with vendors for AUA projects.
- Coordinate operations for AUA on-line store including order handling, delivery and communications with customers.
- Occasionally conduct online research of worldwide universities various practices in fields of Communications and prepare reports, as assigned.
- Prepare and provide statistics and reports by requests.
- Coordinate department’s Work-study students’ schedules and day-to-day work.
- Assist with organizing art exhibitions in AUA Akian Gallery including preliminary preparation, opening, and closing, as well as post-exhibition activities through:
- Arranging for the delivery, framing (if needed), and storage of the paintings to AUA,
- Preparing list with all the information including pricing,
- Arranging for the design/printing/sending of exhibition program and invitations to the guests,
- Handling e-mail/phone communication with the purchasers of paintings arrange for payment and paintings delivery,
- Following up with the Accounting Office on payments received, assisting with financial issues by keeping and giving information on expenses and incomes from the exhibition,
- Arranging for returning the unsold paintings to the painter.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s).
- University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
- Relevant work experience of 1 year and more.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply:
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement. In the CV please specify contact information of three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution