The British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organisation and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world. We call this work – cultural relations.
Education & Society
The Education and Society Strategic Business Unit (SBU) is one of 3 SBUs. The others are Arts and English and Examinations.
Our vision for Education and Society is: A world where all people have opportunities to broaden their horizons and build their futures through international education and more open societies.
By 2020 E&S will be working with over 250 million people through various income streams (contracts, partnerships, paid for services and products). We work in the following eight platforms to engage people across the world with the UK and develop new and deeper relationships that deliver impact overseas and in the UK:
· Education - Higher Education, Schools, Science and Research, Skills,
· Society - Access to Justice, Civil Society and Governance (including Sport), Social Enterprise, Gender and Inclusion.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
We have an excellent opportunity for Content Officer
We have an excellent opportunity to support the production and delivery of a prioritized, clear, on brand, consistent and sustainable programme of marketing and digital content, and communication materials for the marketing services team.
Some of the main duties include:
To deliver high quality, cost effective and sustainable products and services that meet the strategic aims and objectives of marketing and campaign plans.
· Support external preferred supplier agencies or internal service delivery functions to ensure the best value for the British Council.
· Provide professional content development expertise – Provide support to the wider SBU, the wider strategic marketing community in this regard.
· Work with experts in digital, brand, communications, and delivery teams to ensure content is scoped and delivered to gain the maximum potential exposure and building the strongest profile for the British Council.
We require the successful candidate to have the following experience:
▪ Previous experience in a similar role and a track record of successfully developing ideas and content for different audiences and platforms
▪ Experience of working with agencies and third party suppliers
▪ Confident in presenting and sharing information with colleagues
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ A good team player, who has proven experience of working well with others to achieve a common goals
▪ Experience of:
- using a content management system such as Wordpress or Drupal
- basic picture editing in Photoshop
- editing text in Adobe InDesign
For further information please see the documents below:
British council behaviours
Salary: Pay band
· London Market Allowance – (if based in London)
· Generous pension contributions
· 32 days annual leave
If you are interested and feel you are suitable for the role, please apply before 23:59 UK Time 27 April 2016. We aim to interview for this post week commencing 02 May 2016.
Equality of Opportunity (UK)
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.