Application deadline: 5:45pm; September 26, 2016
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Office of Admissions, Recruitment, and International Student Affairs
Position: Admissions Counselor
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for supporting the recruitment of students at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the Office of Admissions at the American University of Armenia. The Admissions Counselor reports directly to the Director of Admissions.
- Accurately and clearly communicate the admissions requirements, policies, and procedures of AUA’s graduate and undergraduate programs in both English and Armenian for both in person visits and on the phone.
- Serve as point of contact for prospective students and families ensuring all questions are responded to appropriately and in a manner that creates a welcoming environment.
- Assist with recruitment of new students by visiting schools, corresponding with high school personnel, contacting and arranging meetings with various high-schools and student groups.
- Travel with Admissions team to present AUA undergraduate and graduate programs to prospective students.
- Ensure all email communication to various admissions administered email addresses is responded to accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in supporting recruitment events including, but not limited to, Open Houses, informational events, school visits, and more.
- Establish and maintain ties with Armenian schools and communities both locally and in the diaspora in order to complement University recruitment objectives.
- Maintain and/or create files and records of correspondence, reports, policies, e-mail listings, applicant/school files, academic contacts, etc.
- Regularly database applicant files into AUA’s Online Application System expediently and with no errors.
- Complete technical eligibility checks for each application.
- Conduct required data verification reviews for all applicants.
- Analyze and evaluate admissions information including self-reported high school data, high school transcripts, and test scores.
- Provide preliminary transcript evaluations and validate GPAs.
- Ensure close collaboration with the Office of the Registrar.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree.
- One year of experience in related areas (preferably in an academic setting).
- Fluency in English and Armenian. Russian is a plus.
- Very good writing skills in English and Armenian.
- Extremely attentive to detail.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, and applicants.
- Ability to deliver presentations in English and Armenian.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently, and work in a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Highly responsible.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Ability to handle high levels of work with a smile.
- Ability and willingness to perform administrative tasks throughout the year.
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement. In the CV please specify contact information of three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution