Application deadline: 5:45pm; September 26, 2016
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Office of Admissions, Recruitment, and International Student Affairs
Position: Admissions and Operations Officer
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Oversee the development and use of the University Management System admissions portal to ensure streamlined application receipts, reviews of application, and dissemination of admission letters. This will include the creating and updating of aua.am online application system Instructions, Help texts, system generated emails and all related materials for AUA’s various degree and non-degree programs.
- Create workflow of processing all online applications and communicating with applicants to ensure each is complete. Collaborate with ICTS to improve or design, develop, test and implement new functionality within the aua.am platform.
- Develop and manage reports using aua.am Query to be used for a wide variety of functions, including but not limited to communication generation, checklist assignment, and internal/external analysis.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and coordination of data file import and export processes for exchanging data between the, Office of the Registrar, and other departments on campus.
- Provide end-user training and maintain training documentation for the proper usage and functionality of the aua.am Admissions.
- Assist in ensuring that data needs and system integrations remain accurate through transitions in application cycles and academic years.
- Develop and maintain updated, accurate online filing system for submitted paper undergraduate and graduate applications. Ensure timely and smooth transition of admitted student files via aua.am to the Office of the Registrar.
- Oversee the development of an effective and accurate online official test scoring database for graduate and undergraduate applications.
- Assist team during admission deadline dates by accepting online and paper graduate and undergraduate applications in a timely and efficient manner and counseling applicants when required.
- Create an effective system of tracking AUA Admissions inquires to be able to send out targeted email communication. Design, create and send out announcements through MailChimp.
- Manage existing AUA Admissions mailing lists.
- Review and table updates regarding the AUA Admissions web site to ensure it is consistent with current policies and updated in a timely manner.
- Calculate undergraduate applicants’ final/preliminary transcript GPA Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding applicants, students, supervisors or other employees.
- Carry out interactive local, regional, international, and online recruitment activities that target prospective students who will thrive as AUA students. Travel and make interactive presentations for such activities as necessary.
- Represent AUA Admissions at external job fairs, expos and other recruitment events including, but not limited to, Open Houses, informational events, school visits, and more.
- Deliver and manage high-level and effective customer service from the Office of Admissions to a broad range of stakeholders at all levels including, but not limited to, applicants, parents, students, University staff, faculty, as well as external audiences including public and private agencies, companies and organizations, and educational institutions to ensure University responses are aligned and consistent and in a manner that creates a welcoming environment.
- Accurately and clearly communicate the admissions requirements, policies, and procedures of AUA’s graduate and undergraduate programs in both English and Armenian for both in person visits and on the phone.
- Ensure all email communication to various admissions administered email addresses is responded to accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and/or create files and records of correspondence, reports, policies, e-mail listings, applicant/school files, academic contacts, etc.
- Regularly database applicant files into AUA’s Online Application System expediently and with no errors.
- Complete technical eligibility checks for each application.
- Conduct required data verification reviews for all applicants.
- Analyze and evaluate admissions information including self-reported high school data, high school transcripts, and test scores.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 2 – 5 years of working experience in related areas (preferably in academic setting).
- Fluency in Armenian, English, and Russian.
- Excellent online media communication skills (email, social networks, etc.).
- Very good writing skills in English and Armenian.
- Extremely attentive to details.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, and applicants.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong Databasing Skills.
- Knowledge of MailChimp highly preferred.
- Some knowledge of programming preferred.
- Ability to give effective presentations in English and Armenian.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently, and work in a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Highly responsible.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Ability to handle high levels of work with a smile.
- Ability and willingness to perform administrative tasks throughout the year.
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement. In the CV please specify contact information of three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution