Spread across a year, the program convenes fellows from around the world for a total of 20 days. In partnership with the Harvard Business School and INSEAD, The Business School for the World, the Leadership Foundation offers creative, multi-disciplinary training aimed at developing leadership and strategic management capabilities. For five days in Cambridge, Massachusetts at the Harvard Business School, fellows engage in a unique combination of classroom work, case-study discussion, and peer advice. During that time, fellows hone their ability to think strategically in areas including negotiations, organization learning, marketing, global affairs, and the management of innovation and services.
While at one of INSEAD’s international campuses in France, Singapore and Abu Dhabi (UAE), the fellows are pushed to adopt a deeper, global perspective. A core component of the training is the 360° Global Executive Leadership Inventory developed by INSEAD’s Global Leadership Center to measure twelve dimensions of leadership. The fellows assess what they learned from the inventory with professional, international coaches.
In addition to their leadership training, each fellow is matched with an IWF member who serves as her mentor and coach during the program year, a chance for the fellows to garner personal insights and advice from women at the top of their fields.
The Legacy Project of the Fellows Program provides every fellow the opportunity to leverage what they have learned to help expand the leadership capacity of women in their organization and community, and to create a ripple effect that empowers more women to aspire to leadership roles. Existing Legacy Projects include a program to provide reading materials to rural secondary schools in Nigeria; a career conference series aimed at female university students in Mexico; and a breakfast roundtable for women in the U.S. military in Washington, DC.
The Leadership Foundation seeks to select a geographically, culturally, ethnically, and professionally diverse group of women who have established themselves in their spheres of interest. Download the application form from here.
The Leadership Foundation Fellows Program Selection Committee will choose Fellows using the following guidelines:
- Substantive professional/work experience and significant direct accomplishments.
- Superior intellectual ability, as evidenced by academic history and distinctions, recommendations, and essays.
- Current and potential leadership, indicated by professional, volunteer, and other activities, as well as through recommendations.
- Strength of character, motivation, and commitment to goals.
- Intention to participate fully in all activities and programs of the Leadership Foundation Fellows Program during the fellowship year, as well as a commitment to the Legacy component of the program.
- Fellows are not recent college graduates or even recent graduates of advanced degree programs. The optimal Fellows candidate will have achieved considerable success in her field, yet would benefit from this program.
- Expectation of at least 10 years of continuing professional activity and leadership contribution following the fellowship. Candidates are judged, in part, on their ability to leverage and maximize the fellowship over time.
Program Tuition US $27,500 per Fellow includes
- One week of Orientation, specialized Fellows Program training and participation in the IWF World Leadership Conference drawing 850+ female executives from more than 40 nations.
- Two weeks of Customized & World Class Training at Harvard Business School and INSEAD
- Mentor Visits
- All Meals & Accommodations
- All Course Materials
- Transportation in not provided (ground and air travel) See in the "Further official information" below this article.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: