Iran Heritage Foundation's goal is to promote the Ancient, Medieval and Modern cultural heritage of Iran.
The foundation achieves these goals through giving grants for academic and contemporary arts projects, supporting fellowships and internships at prestigious universities and museums, organising and sponsoring exhibitions, arranging seminars and conferences, as well as monthly events, and supporting many other kinds of activity, both in the United Kingdom and around the world.
The Iran Heritage Foundation is a non-political UK-registered charity founded in 1995 to protect and promote Iranian cultural heritage. It is concerned with the history, language and culture of Iran and the Persianate world from early times to the present day. The objectives of the foundation are pursued by encouraging and supporting top quality research and activities connected with Iranian cultural heritage.
Iran Heritage Foundation Grants
The foundation announces it's grants every year for the forthcoming year. All the details of each year's grant are published on the Iran Heritage Foundation website's Grants' section.
Grants are awarded annually by two committees that sit at the beginning of the year and give grants for work in the same calendar year. These committees deal with (i) academic research and activities, and (ii) contemporary arts, exhibitions, and culture. Only activities connected with Iran or Iranian cultural heritage will be considered
- IHF does not sponsor university tuition fees, student living expenses or PhD write-up
- IHF does not award grant for publications.
- Grant funds are paid to the grant recipient only and not to a third party.
- Grants awarded will stay on IHF’s books for one year only and will not be carried over to the following year. Please apply for grant if you can finalize your project within the year the grant has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit regular reports and accounts.
- Recipients of grants will be required to make formal and prominent acknowledgement of all support received from IHF.
Grants for Academic Research Activities in Iranian Studies
The Foundation will consider applications to support academic projects concerned with any branch of Iranian studies. The subjects covered include art and archaeology, architecture, history and language. Grants may be available for research, travel, conferences and workshops. Grants may be in the range of 500 – 3000 GBP.
Grants for Contemporary Iranian Art
The Foundation will consider applications to support projects connected with contemporary art, photography, theatre, film, music and exhibitions. Grants may be in the range of 500 – 3000 GBP.