Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
If applying to more than one internship position, please send a separate application for each position. You can find application form by clicking the original link.
Duties: The Desk Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Perform research on work permit and visa procedures.
- Prepare complete and accurate visa application packages for expatriates going to Desk countries.
- Courier visa applications to consulates.
- Assist the Desk Associate with research and booking for flights, hotels, and vaccination appointments.
- Update employee staff files.
- Filing and other administrative support tasks including various ongoing projects.
- Attend BBLs, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
Skills applicants should have:
- A genuine commitment to MSF's humanitarian principles.
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
- International travel experience.
- Familiarity with planning complex travel arrangements .
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and databases.
- Initiative and confidence to ask questions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Fluent in English, French an asset.
For more information click "Further official information" below.