Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
If applying to more than one internship position, please send a separate application for each position. You can find application form by clicking the original link.
Reports to: Desk Associate
Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3 months–4 months (depending on term)
Location: New York City
Objective: To assist in the preparation of all departure and return procedures to ensure successful movements to/from the field projects of the NY Desk; while gaining knowledge and exposure to specific MSF operations.
Overview: The New York Desk functions under Operational Center Paris and manages operations in three countries: Chad, South Sudan, and Ethiopia. The Desk is comprised of a nine person team who oversees and directs all aspects of field operations in those countries. The Desk intern will assist the NY Desk with administrative responsibilities related to travel, visas, and work permits for the expatriate staff traveling to and from the field projects.
This internship is ideal for anyone considering a career in international relations, and particularly in the administration of international, non-profit field work.
Duties: The Desk Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Perform research on work permit and visa procedures.
- Prepare complete and accurate visa application packages for expatriates going to Desk countries.
- Courier visa applications to consulates.
- Assist the Desk Associate with research and booking for flights, hotels, and vaccination appointments.
- Update employee staff files.
- Filing and other administrative support tasks including various ongoing projects.
- Attend BBLs, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
Skills applicants should have:
- A genuine commitment to MSF's humanitarian principles.
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
- International travel experience.
- Familiarity with planning complex travel arrangements .
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and databases.
- Initiative and confidence to ask questions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Fluent in English, French an asset.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: