Internship - Full-time Junior Assistant at University of Gent
For the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, we are looking for full-time junior assistant within the department Languages and Cultures.
What we are looking for
- You hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services;
- You are interested in conducting doctoral research and pursuing a doctoral degree in one of the following fields:
1. Anthropology of South Eastern Europe and related disciplines dealing with contemporary South Eastern Europe (cultural studies, history, political science, human rights, or literature);
2. Old Slavonic, historical linguistics of Slavic, pre-modern Slavic cultural history;
3. Russian linguistics, discourse analysis, Slavic folklore.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended;
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills;
- You know at least one of the following Slavic languages (Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Bulgarian, Old Slavonic, Russian).
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in one or more of the three fields listed above;
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the programme of Slavonic and East European studies;
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
What we can offer you
We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years.
Attention: If you are currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University and your cumulative percentage exceeds 30%, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start by 01/03/2016 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about this can be found on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 10/02/2016 at 23:59 (CET) at email@example.com, with the following documents attached as one file:
- Application letter
a transcript of the required degree
- an overview of your study results
a research proposal (between 1500 and 2000 words)
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016-01-25. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
Attention: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy,
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dieter Stern (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 09/264 38 15) or Prof. Andreas Niehaus (Andreas.Niehaus@UGent.be, 09/264 41 57).
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: