About the project:
The SIPRI Conflict and Peacebuilding in the Caucasus project aims to analyse emerging security and conflict challenges across the Caucasus and identify conflict management and peacebuilding initiatives to promote peace and stability in the region. The project is conducted in cooperation with expert groups in Europe, the South Caucasus and the Russian Federation, and is part of a larger European Union research initiative, Security and Democracy in the Neighbourhood: the Case of the Caucasus (CASCADE), which examines the relationship between security and democratization in the region.
About the internship:
SIPRI is globally recognized for its excellence and authority on peace and security issues. Its reliable data, publications, and conferences inform governments, international institutions, and academia. The internship is an exceptional educational opportunity. You will receive an excellent insight into the work of the SIPRI Conflict and Peacebuilding in the Caucasus project and will have a possibility to learn from SIPRI’s expertise on the subject. In addition, during your internship you will interact with our research staff and attend workshops and events within SIPRI as well as events and conferences conducted by partner organizations in Stockholm.
Research tasks for the intern, which will be conducted under the supervision of the person in charge of the SIPRI Conflict and Peacebuilding in the Caucasus project:
- Structuring and analyzing the public speeches, interviews, and articles by the high level officials of the Russian Federation
- Structuring and analyzing academic articles on the Caucasus
- Collecting data on violence in the Caucasus region
- Collecting and structuring statistical data on the Caucasus region, including military expenditure, arms transfers
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or a recent graduate from a Master’s programme
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Excellent team player but capable of meeting goals independently
- Experience with qualitative research
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Excellent Russian and English writing and speaking skills
Please note that this is an unpaid internship position and that SIPRI is unfortunately unable to assist with living arrangements in Stockholm.
To apply, please send the following documents (in pdf) to Ekaterina Klimenko (email@example.com)
- Letter of motivation
- Resume (including reference contact details)
- Writing sample (optional; max. 2-4 pages)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: