INTERNATIONAL YOUTH SUMMER SCHOOL: BEIJING, CHINA
The purpose of the event is to help you and other participants develop a unique set of skills that can be used in your professional and personal lives, as well to offer you an opportunity to create a network of young leaders and youth-led organizations. Accordingly the program is drawn up that embraces various formats, such as: taking part in workshops and case studies, being inspired by captivating master classes and meeting other young ambitious people from all around the world. Cultural events in the program with informal, networking and socializing activities will accompany the working part of the event.
YT organizes annually a Summer School for young people from all over the world. This year the group will consist of about thirty international and twenty Chinese participants. The event is organized in collaboration with China Soong Ching Ling Foundation. This year event's theme is: “Bridging Cultures with Business Experience”. We will provide you and other participants with interactive master classes, as well as an opportunity to experience the elaborated material in interactive workshops, concerning the management of business, media, IT and advertising. Finally, you will get a chance to practice your new acquired skills in role-playing and simulation games.
This year China’s capital Beijing is chosen as a location for the International Youth Summer School. This city is the perfect place for this event, as it is well known for its great history as well as for its economic development that the country currently is experiencing. Beijing has kept its traditions, but it also transcends an innovative and cosmopolitan atmosphere, which has been realized through hard work and adaptation to different demands throughout time. We are convinced that Beijing will offer a great environment to realize a valuable event for you and other young participants.
The main purpose of this event is to help you and other participants develop a unique set of skills that can be used in professional and personal lives. In order to achieve this, we established a multi-professional team that will increase your intercultural sensitivity as well as develop your business skills. Workshops and masterclasses are intended to enhance your entrepreneurial spirit and to challenge you to attain a more open mind toward start-ups. This will help you to discover different perspectives and also experience how to deal with responsibility while building bridges between cultures and generations.
In order to take part in the Summer School, you and other applicants will go through an intensive selection process. Those who can demonstrate their social responsibility and commitment have the biggest chance to be selected. Attendees, from an age range of 18 till 35 years old, that have successfully passed the selection process will come from diverse backgrounds: social and business enterprises, non-profits, social activists, journalists and media workers, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and simply outstanding students. In previous events, we had global representation originating from Argentina, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Croatia, Gambia, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Macedonia, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, Paraguay, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Serbia etc.
The theme of 2016 International Youth Summer School is “Bridging Cultures with Business Experience”. It will last for 5 days, August 15-20th, 2016. The program contains various formats:
- Master classes of inspiring speakers.
- Workshops with professional trainers.
- Case study analysis under the supervision of experts.
- Simulation-based learning and practicing of the newly gained skills.
- Informal meetings with other young ambitious people from various backgrounds.
- Peer-to-peer learning session.
- Cultural program events, which includes non-formal activities in China’s capital Beijing.
The aim of the event is to gather together an international team of young professionals, creative and talented young representatives from all over the world to:
- Develop a unique set of skills that you and all other participants can use in your professional and personal life, such as intercultural sensitivity, effective marketing skills, etc.
- Encourage the use of new skills in the workshops and simulation games, where you will have the opportunity to be innovators, utilize cultural differences, and carry responsibility as architects of business strategies.
- Let you experience team working and thinking like an entrepreneur, which will support you in developing your business skills on an international business level.
- Oﬀer a fun cultural program with informal and socializing activities that support developing a network of the young leaders and youth-led organizations.
In order to apply for 2016 Summer School in Beijing you must:
1. Fill out Summer School Application Form
save under Lastname_Application_Form.
2. Make a one-minute video answering the following four questions:
1: What is your educational and work experience?
2: Would you like to become a social entrepreneur? And why?
3: What motivates you to make the world better?
4: What social impact can you realize with your current/future job?
3. Upload your Application Form, Application Video and CV (save under Lastname_CV ).
4. After uploading all the files, send us an email with the subject line “application complete” to email@example.com.
Due to a high interest, we only take complete applications into consideration.
The program, food and accommodation will be covered by Youth Time. Please take into consideration that you will have to pay your personal travel expenses to Beijing, as well as after invitation you need to pay an entrance fee of €100
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: