2016 Scholarships - now open!
Applications are currently open for international candidates (closing: 1 August 2015)
You are an international candidate if you are not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or Australian permanent resident. Otherwise you are a domestic candidate. If you are a domestic candidate click hereto review available scholarships.
The International WaterCentre (IWC) will be offering up to three scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2016. These include:
- A - Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships for future water leaders from developing countries in Asia-Pacific, Africa, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle-East (see details in table below).
- B - One full tuition scholarship for a future water leader from North America, Europe, the Middle East or Asia (see details in table below).
To apply for a scholarship, you must have all of the following:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- At least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency (see UQ’s Policy including minimum scores for IELTS, TOEFL or PTE). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
Terms and Conditions
Before you apply for a scholarship, please read the IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for IWC Masters Scholarships are currently open. To apply, complete an online application form by 1 August 2015.
You are an 'international candidate' if you are not an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident nor a New Zealand citizen.