MDS-PAS Visiting Trainee Grant Program
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society-Pan American Section (MDS-PAS) Visiting Trainee Grant offers two types of Visiting Trainee Grants: Clinical program and Research program:
- The Clinical Visiting Trainee Grant focuses on applicants who wish to increase their knowledge in movement disorders, advance their recognition of patterns of movement disorders, improve their diagnoses and management of movement disorders patients, and with the goal to bring these clinical skills back to their home country.
- The Research Visiting Trainee Grant focuses on applicants who wish to develop a research program, work on an existing research project, interact with other researchers and with the goal to continue research upon return to their home country.
The grant will allow a six-week, six-month or a one-year program which promotes education, training and experience in movement disorders for young neurologists. The program focuses particularly on MDS-PAS members who do not have many opportunities for Visiting Trainee Grant training in their area and also serves to establish clinical and research links between institutions and members throughout the PAS region.
(Applicants who have been awarded a Visiting Trainee Grant in the past are ineligible to apply for another grant.)
- General neurology training in a recognized training center or master's degree, graduate or other training (PhD) in research in movement disorders of basil ganglia
- Letter of recommendation from current supervisor or department chair
- Detailed outline with aims of the proposed study in host facility
- Letter of acceptance from host institution/sponsor
- Submission of application form (found below) within specified dates
Please note that fellows will be responsible for providing their own medical insurance.
Only complete applications received by the application deadline will be considered. Applications will be reviewed by both the PAS Education Committee and the PAS Executive Committee within three weeks after the application closing deadline. Preference will be given to candidates with the strongest qualifications and need in accordance with the guidelines outlined above. The number of Visiting Trainee Grants awarded will depend on the available budget for a given year.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.